Egbin Power Plc, Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Black Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Communication Specialist
- This role is responsible for managing all graphic design, photography, publishing and multimedia executions from conception to execution; ensuring top-notch creative audio-visual interpretation/fidelity of all elements of the brand for Egbin.
- This role will support various teams, departments and projects within Egbin; creating unique designs, developing robust photography portfolio, producing sundry infographics/videos year-round for specific, targeted and social media/website executions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all administrative aspects of production, including preparing final designs for presentation, checking and approving colour, copy, text format separations, and scaling images for print production.
- Prepare layouts, designs, art work and formats for use in publication and /or exhibition design;
- Layout and scale photos, marking them for proper screen values for print reproduction;
- Design, and produce artwork such as graphs, maps, charts, posters, corporate souvenirs, banner, signs and report covers;
- Organize copy flow and maintains database/bibliographic/archival retrieval system of all references used in creation of published materials;
- Manage budget, including invoicing, tracking project expenditures and assisting in budget development by summarizing, researching and analyzing past project expenditures;
- Coordinate relationship with vendors; preparing specifications and obtaining estimates for final approval;
- Handle copyright, reprint, and permission processes;
- Interpret the business needs of various department and developing a concept to suit that purpose; estimating the time required to complete the work and providing cost to user stakeholders
- Work with a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design (CAD); proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies, particularly design programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max/Cinema 4D
- Develop interactive design; commissioning illustrators and photographers; working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists to drive Egbin’s brand message.
- Manage all production of high quality photos and videos for Egbin internal and external events/activities.
- Produce materials to be used across board to engage both internal and external stakeholders – Documentaries, Videos, Photo stories, Interview clips etc.
- Provide an archive of Egbin’s photographs/videos and other branded material for reference purposes.
- Have vast understanding of traditional film and digital photography and keeping up to date with industry trends, developments and new techniques;
- Develop expertise with software to digitally enhance images by, for example, changing emphasis, cropping pictures, correcting minor faults or moving objects around;
- Consult with user departments/subsidiaries to obtain multimedia project objectives, specs, and working materials.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies, particularly editing programs such as Light room, Aftereffects, and Premiere Pro.
- Design and produce simple to complex multimedia presentations; prepare files for imaging to film 4-color printing, advanced media, and electronic delivery.
- Plan, manage and report project status, budget, and milestone achievements for all phases of a project.
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum of a relevant University Degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar role within a strong brand driven organization or top-flight creative agency, with well compiled portfolio
- Expert knowledge utilizing Adobe After effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and various 3-D software platforms a plus.
- Adept with all forms of social media and platforms, including: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- MS Office Suite.
- Mac and Windows environments.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent visual communication skills to present ideas and information in a multimedia context combined with excellent IT and programming skills.
- Exceptional creative flair and an innovative approach to all design projects.
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Proven competence in design and image manipulation software
- Teamwork skills because most projects require input from individuals with different roles
- Self-development skills to keep-up-to-date with fast-changing trends Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
- InDesign & Illustrator
- Photoshop & 3ds Max/Cinema 4D
- Adobe, Photography & Fine art
- Sundry software packages for designs/photography
- Ability to out-think briefs for problem solving
- Attention to details
- Ability to transform abstracts to reality using design
- Work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and visually.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online