We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of IT
- A large internationally recognised business is looking for Head of IT. The IT Head will be responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and designing all operational activities of the IT department supporting over 500 West Africa based staff, Duties will include managing Corporate Digital & IT Infrastructure, Security and Projects through 5 Direct Reports, liaising with key stakeholders (Ghana, Cameroun, Gambia, Corporate IT HQ and key service delivery Partners) as well as reporting all IT activities, costs and budget to the Group MD /CEO.
Other Job responsibilities includes:
Portfolio and Delivery Planning;
- Partner with the Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO) in prioritizing business-specific demand as part of portfolio planning process.
- Partner with other Regional IT Heads and business leadership to prioritize and deliver priority technology investments to the Group
- Participate in annual and off-cycle project intake and planning.
- Implement regional governance model in line with global model and ensure regional representation in global governance comm ittees.
- Align stakeholders across IT & business to ensure cross regional consistency and strategic alignment.
- Develop deep and broad business, functional and domain knowledge to enhance IT’s effectiveness of aligning business outco mes with technology solutions.
- Ensure effective business process and requirements analysis is conducted to serve as a critical input into the software delivery lifecycle.
- Ensure the seamless hand-off of business requirements and collaboration on functional requirements with require d Solution Delivery IT leaders.
- Ensure effective consultation with business partners in exploring and applying innovative outside-in solution ideas to address business opportunities and challenges.
Business Architecture and Design:
- Collaborate with other IT leads to have input into and maintenance of the commercial IT business architecture plan.
- Build credible relationships with key strategic vendors that align with commercial IT business architecture blueprint.
- Partner effectively with other Solution Delivery IT leaders to identify potential shared platform solutions that can be leveraged across multiple business areas/regions to minimize redundant solutions.
Solution Transition and Operations:
- Ensure the operational reliability and performance of all developed solutions prior to transitioning into production through assisting in user acceptance testing and review of various production transition plans.
- Partner effectively with Operations to provide input into regional support needs to ensure users are adequately supported regionally or align with global support model. Ensures continuous service and systems security.
- Responsible for aligning technology and technology support to business needs.
- Responsible for infrastructure management in area of responsibility
General Leadership and Management:
- Provides thought leadership (operational and tactical focus) for IT resources.
- Support the VP of IT for Business Engagement and G&A in leading and managing an effective multi-disciplinary team of business savvy IT experts, and in contributing innovative thoughts to the overall IT vision.
- Ensure effective leadership, teamwork and collaboration with other IT directors, managers and staff across IT to achieve a unified and responsive IT services approach to the Business.
- Ensure proper inspection readiness and adherence to compliance at all times.
- Lead continuous improvements to drive IT effectiveness with the Business and IT.
- Manage internal personnel, external partners and departmental budgets for on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Oversees the functional unit and is accountable for the efficient operation of the area.
- In order to be suitable for this role you MUST come with experience similar to Head of IT role, ideally from medium to large sized fast moving industry. It is essential to have a proven track record of IT team leadership, IT governance and delivering various IT projects, ideally including digital transformation.
- 10+ years’ experience in Information Technology including project management and business analysis
- Broad IT knowledge across areas like Infrastructure, Operations, Applications, Architecture, SaaS and Security
- Successful track record of IT leadership, matrix management, execution and delivery.
- Experience supporting “field” resources such as Commercial, Sales & Corporate Affairs
- Self-motivated with high degree of initiative and excellent follow-up skills, along with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well organized, results oriented and eager to tackle difficult problems
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with executive management and non-technical users
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Must be capable of working autonomously, is a team player and possess the ability to interact and interface with all levels of management and with global teams
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, MIS, Elec/Elect, Business; or equivalent experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of IT infrastructure, applications, telecommunications or other assigned area of expertise
- Experience with large-scale Oracle EBS / ERP implementations in high-growth companies with manufacturing
- Hands on experience with top-tier ERP systems, preferably Oracle EBS within the Manufacturing Industry
- Extensive knowledge of portfolio management and performance monitoring practices and methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of business finance principles
- Extensive knowledge of IT organizational practices
- Ability to build, maintain and extend relationships across the organization
- Ability to manage and direct activities of others in a multi-project environment
- Ability to perform business and process analysis
Applicationn Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s in MS Word format indicating reference number in the subject line of their email via the Apply Button Below.
Note: If you would like to apply for this role please ensure that you include all relevant skills and experience to stand the best chance of securing an interview.