Website International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world’s leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people affected by war and natural disasters. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Assistant
Requisition ID: req5759
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
- The Information Technology department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable application development and infrastructure for the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
Scope of Work
- The IT Assistant will be primarily responsible with providing support for our internal users on the use of their desktops and laptops. Through our ticketing system, by direct contact and the telephone they will provide users with solutions to questions and issues with their computer hardware and software.
- Level I Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to assistance with password resets, account creations, desktop and laptop builds and printer support
- Level II Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to anti-virus assistance, Windows 7 support, Microsoft Office 2013 support, general laptop, desktop and printer repair, and light network troubleshooting
- Enterprise Ticket Management – Work inside our enterprise ticketing system, Service-Now, to provide timely and transparent customer support of all requests
- Hardware Inventory – This position will work our Global Supply Chain department in imaging, distributing and tracking all hardware; also tracking and installing all purchased software
- Preventative Maintenance – Technician will also be responsible for checking on critical systems to ensure there are no interruptions in business continuity and take part in the monthly maintenance “blackout windows”
- Various Projects – Position will need to assist on various IT projects as needed
Key working relationships:
- This position reports to IT Officer
- This position manages no staff
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1-2 years of relevant experience with NGOs or international organizations
- Experience working with the following software: Windows 10 Professional, Windows 7, MS Office 2013 + , Sophos Anti Virus,Routers.
- Experience with following technologies: LAN, WAN , VSAT [c and Ku band], VSAT installer certification preferred
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and exercise independent judgment in problem solving
Standards for Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct.
- These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online