Chemonics International – From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Associate
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Classification: Short-term Local
Level of Effort: 60 days
Scope of Work (SOW)
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by Consultant to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc.
- The objective of this billable short-term assignment is to serve as the IT Associate for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project
- The IT Associate will attend to Helpdesk level 1 support from staff which include deploying and troubleshooting computers, changing printer and copier cartridges, assigning IT items to staff.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain
- All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop basic solutions.
- Support basic PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Perform basic repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Record activities, solutions and other responses to request for service on the Helpdesk platform.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
- Maintains open communication and positive working relationship with staff.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
- Experience in IT Help Desk Support
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project required
- Fluency in English is required
- Supervision of Consultant: IT Associate will report to IT Manager.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online