Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) in partnership with European Cooperative for Rural Development (EUCORD) an International NGO based in Brussels and a leading agribusiness company based in Lagos, is soliciting for qualified applicants for a proposal to Alliance for Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) – Partnership for Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa (PIATA), an agricultural intervention jointly funded by USAID, Bill & Melinda Gates and Rockefeller Foundation. WEWE and its partners are proposing to implement the project to develop a market-led maize and soy bean value chain targeting 100,000 farmers in Niger and Kaduna States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Associate
Direct Reports:State Programme Manager, WEWE Executive Director
Purpose and Scope of Work
- The IT Officer will be responsible for providing direct technical assistance and support to project staff for network, hardware and software issues ranging from basic installation and maintenance of computer systems including software and hardware on desktops and laptops, resolving internet and network access issues (both wired and wireless), providing network printer support, meeting with staff to provide one-on-one basic technical assistance as needed/requested.
- The post will be based in the WEWE Abuja office (Project Secretariat) with occasional trips to the project sites, State offices (Niger and Kaduna).
- Install, maintain and configure hardware and software systems according to company policies.
- Troubleshoot and repair network, hardware and software components.
- Perform routine maintenance and inspection of network and server systems.
- Test network and server systems to verify functionality and performance.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades to achieve optimum performance level.
- Perform root cause analysis of complex problems and provide corrective actions.
- Maintain IT infrastructure and manage help desk issues.
- Perform system back-up and database archiving processes to ensure data recoverability.
- Update software antivirus on regular basis.
- Provide technical support to servers, networks, telephones, and other computing platforms.
- Provide advice and training to other associates.
- Assist in installation and maintenance of telephone system.
Controls, Documentation and Reporting:
- Monitor and control expenses within allotted budget.
- Order and stock equipment and supplies when necessary in line with Project’s policies and processes
- Keep and maintain logs of IT requests and IT services rendered.
- Prepare period reports of IT activities in line with WEWE’s processes and procedures.
- Ensure high levels of transparency and accountability to both donors, to the project communities in line with WEWE’s vision to be the most financially compliant NGO in Nigeria.
- Observe with all WEWE and donor’s performance management standards and indicators.
- Strong skills in the following areas: project and people management skills; information management, research and reporting, administrative, networking and stakeholder engagement, negotiation and persuasion; planning and organising; problem analysis; verbal and written communication; and organisational learning and capacity development.
- The post-holder is expected to be results and data orientated; able to orient employees, be a team-player; pro-active and creative; culturally and gender sensitive; a good listener; committed to self-development; and able to make sound judgements under pressure.
- The post holder should have a knack for troubleshooting of IT equipments, and pay strong attention to details; good time management, analytical.
Job Requirement (Knowledge/Skills Competencies)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Information Technology, Information Security or a related field.
Minimum Working Experience:
- 1 – 3 years experience working in the field.
- Fluent in English Language (Oral and Written)
- Ability to effectively manage a variety of internal and external relationships, including relationships with donors and partners.
- Proven ability to work as a team, with show leadership, and able to work independently.
- High degree of accountability and integrity.
- Experience in working with international NGOs, local civil society organizations, government, bilateral and multilateral donors in a multi-cultural, politically sensitive environment is an advantage.
- Internally: WEWE Executive Director, WEWE Finance and Admin Director, State Programme Manager, Head, Internal Audit/Compliance, IT, Head, Logistics and Operations.
- Externally: Auditors; some interaction with local implementing partners and other stakeholders at the local level.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job below:
- Please indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Applicants should provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on their CV as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- WEWE’S recruitment process for this positions will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when suitable candidates are selected.