Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Specialist – Nigeria Integrated Health Program
Reports to Finance and Operations Manager
Duration: 5 years
Project/ Role Overview
- IHP is an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems.
- It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas, family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhoea.
- The IT Officer is the first point of contact and initial point of support for technical requests, assistance and advice to field staff for software, hardware and services utilized throughout the country.
- The IT Officer will be expected to ensure that IT&T infrastructure is fully operational, strategically appropriate and compliant.
- Provide a high level of customer service through telephone, email and face to face support of desktop PCs, notebooks, printers and telecommunication products;
- Monitor and resolve support incidents as they are logged in the IT support systems;
- Appropriately forward questions and/or problems to higher level tiers as identified;
- Ensure all requests are responded to within agreed internal SLA’s;
- Assist in the enrolment of Corporate staff;
- Assist with the deployment of PC and Laptop equipment using appropriate imaging and deployment tools.
- Ensure system security and integrity, especially in relation to user access rights;
- Perform and monitor regular housekeeping procedures including data backup;
- Ensure that the IT&T disaster recovery processes and business continuity plan are current, documented and tested, ensuring timely resumption of services in the event of a disaster or prolonged outage.
- Ensure that IT&T expenditure is kept within budget.
- Liaise with Senior Executives and other levels of management as required on any issues concerning or involving Information Technology & Telecommunications, so that the appropriate parties are fully aware of all important IT&T issues at all times.
- Proactively participate in, assist and advise all continuous improvement project teams that require IT&T involvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related discipline; master’s degree (preferred)
- Total minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems specifically Windows 7.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems.
- General knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Network experience
- Aptitude and interest for technical activities
- Have the ability to multitask, work under pressure, take initiative, and acquire and apply technical skills as necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to quickly understand complex problems and devise effective solutions
- Willing to maintain and create IT application and process documentation.
Key competencies and professional expertise required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
Application Closing Date
17th August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online