Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast growing Software company with a vision to build an enduring organization with an ecosystem of value creators- while delivering high impact technology solutions for emerging markets through a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Python Developer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- We are searching for a Python Developer who is experienced working on Python and can help our organization translate business needs into an IT solution.
- In this role, you will be asked to design, code, and test applications using OOD. We are looking for someone that is self-driven, ready to take on a new challenge, and able to deliver on solutions from start to finish. This is a mid-level Python Developer position.
- This really is an exciting position with a great, relatively young team that is very close-knit. They are hardworking and have a lot of fun while they are doing it.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework
- Familiarity with some ORM
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- 2+ years of Python development experience
- Strong attention to detail, logic, problem-solving, written and interpersonal communication, presentation, and client-facing skills
- Creative, enthusiastic and able to thrive in a team environment.
- Readiness to be in hands-on development roles, and demonstrate adaptability, coachability, and flexibility to learn and take on other project responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, Engineering (any type), Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics or related discipline with a technology focus
Skills & Abilities:
- Get-it-done, Execution Focused!
- Passionate, Strategic, breathes Ownership.
- High bar for excellence with strong analytical skills.
- Has tolerance for ambiguity, and at the same time has the intellectual swiftness to map plans out
- Flexibility is important.
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
Competitive based on experience
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online